The following Law Enforcement Determinations have been issued by the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General and the Essex County Prosecutor, for the guidance of law enforcement officials in executing their duties within Essex County; and for the Citizens of Essex County in understanding the responsibilities of those law enforcement officials. These are available in PDF digital format, and can be viewed and saved through the links listed below.
- September 7, 2023 – New Jersey Office of the Attorney General concurs with the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office that the Use of Force was Justified in the July 8-9, 2021 Non-Fatal Police Shooting by Essex County Sherriff’s Officers and Newark Police Officers
- October 7, 2022 – Grand Jury Returns ‘No Cause for Action’ in Essex County Department of Corrections OFF-Duty Firearm Discharge on October 7, 2021
- June 14, 2022 – Grand Jury Returns ‘No Cause for Action’ In Newark Police Detective Firearm Discharge on April 14, 2021
- January 24, 2022 – Essex County Prosecutor’s Office Concludes That Use of Force Was Justified In September 25, 2018 Fatal Police Shooting By East Orange Police Officers In The City of Newark
- January 5, 2022 – Grand Jury Returns ‘No Cause for Action’ In Newark Police Officer Firearm Discharge on March 9, 2019
- January 5, 2022 – Grand Jury Returns ‘No Cause for Action’ In Two Bloomfield Police Officer Firearm Discharges on November 9, 2020
- January 5, 2022 – Grand Jury Returns ‘No Cause for Action’ In Irvington Police Officer Firearm Discharge on November 30, 2020